Wednesday, December 2, 2009

Passed but not advanced....Nothing to be mad or upset about either

Well the results for the MA1 exam just came out today. It turns out that due to quota's, only 13 MA2's were advanced to MA1 Navy Wide...Now here is a brief summary of how I did.

Your Final Multiple: 200.16

Minimum Multiple Req'd: 215.29

YOUR OVERALL PERCENTILE WAS 98. YOU SCORED HIGHER THAN 98 PERCENT OF THE CANDIDATES IN YOUR RATE WHO TOOK THIS EXAM

SUBJECT CANDIDATE PASSED THE EXAMINATION FOR MA1, BUT DUE TO QUOTA LIMITATIONS CANNOT BE ADVANCED TO THE NEXT HIGHER PAY GRADE

Normally people get upset when they don't make it to the next higher paygrade...Am I kicking myself? Maybe a little bit...And now I know where my weak areas are that I need to study. But there is an upside to this story:

Last exam results:

Your Final Multiple: 190.5

Minimum Multiple Req'd: 205.03

YOUR OVERALL PERCENTILE WAS 89. YOU SCORED HIGHER THAN 89 PERCENT OF THE CANDIDATES IN YOUR RATE WHO TOOK THIS EXAM

SUBJECT CANDIDATE PASSED THE EXAMINATION FOR MA1, BUT DUE TO QUOTA LIMITATIONS CANNOT BE ADVANCED TO THE NEXT HIGHER PAY GRADE


My score increased by 10 and my percentile increased 9%.

That is something to be proud of and I am going to pin my profile sheet in front of me on my desk and make it a point to study my weak areas and next time I will not only make MA1 off the spring exam but I will also do it and graduate college at the same time.

No comments: