Wednesday, April 22, 2009

Never give up, never quit

So the time has come as it does every 6 months for every command in the Navy to run their semi-annual PRT's (Physical Readiness Tests) which consists of Sit and Reach, Sit-ups, Push-ups, and choice of 1.5mi run/walk, 12min on the bike, or 12min on the eliptical...The bike and the elliptical you have to burn a certain amount of calories which equates to a run time if you were to do the 1.5mi run.

Yesterday our section gets together after work and we commence to do our PRT...I was able to do 44 sit-ups (probationary but automatic Mando PT), 50 push-ups (Passed), and I ran my run in 14:40 seconds (FAILED!!!)...I didn't walk any portion of the run, but my run just wasn't good enough...

Now a lot is riding on this PRT other than just not getting put on Mandatory PT...As it stands there is a position open with NCIS for an E-5 however, seeing as how my PRT scores sucked I saw my chances of that job slip away...Fortunately we had a bad day clause for our PRT and were allowed to run it again as long as its by next Thursday...I decided that I would give it another shot this morning and was given the option to do the bike instead of run.

I showed up at 0630 at the gym and proceeded to start my PRT all over again...This time, I blew it away 50 sit-ups (Passed) 51 Push-ups (Passed), and burned 135 Calories on the bike in 12min which equated to a 12:45 run time (Passed) and the hopes of going NCIS are back on the table.

I am now beatdown, tired, and sore but my PRT is done with and I will be hitting the gym starting Monday.

No comments: