Thursday, February 12, 2009

Feel like an idiot

Ok so as it stands out of the last two work cycles with the AF I have seen a decent rotation in my schedule and was pretty ok with standing gates and what not until I found out something very interesting today and now something else that was happening at the gates makes perfect sense.

Today I stopped by Camp Shields and got into a conversation with one of my fellow MA's about working with the AF and what not since he just left there...Apparently we SHOULD NOT be standing gates especially as E-5's...It turns out that the AF puts their E-5's on the gate as a punishment only but for the most part they do patrol and other duties, gates are suppose to be junior personnel only...So if I am not in trouble why are they putting us Navy E-5's on the gate...Will be something I have to bring up to the flight chief...

I knew something was up when I was getting strange looks from people when they came through the gate, it is pretty well known that E-5's only stand gate if they have gotten in trouble so I am sure now there are A LOT of people who think I am a total dirt bag that was in trouble and that's why I was on the gate...talk about embarrassment, like I said that would explain some of the strange looks, especially from the Navy guys that came through the gate...

God I feel like an idiot now...

No comments: