Thursday, January 1, 2009

Happy New Years...

Well today officially marks the start of 2009 for us here in Japan. I am just getting home from a night of DUI checks at Camp Shields brought to you by CFAO Security. Now grant it I can't complain that I had half the day off...Though it was the 1st half of the day, so the 2nd half was spend manning a gate at said base from 4pm to 8pm, followed by DUI Checks from 11pm to 3am...Of course we were told we HAD to be there by 10pm (WTF for I dunno). So after shift since I was relieved off watch LATE, I barely have time to get some food and get back to base to start our DUI checks

We kick off the night checking cars in and outbound and continue till about 3am, after that we were debriefing and downloading....More like downloading and BS'ing but hey it was fun...Our attention is grabbed by a car coming through the gate that after passing the ID checker, hits one of our cones...The driver is pulled over and we are thinking there goes our night because he blew positive for alcohol on the breathalyzer...A 2nd and 3rd test were negative so we let him and his belligerant wife/GF/passenger/whatever go, and then pack up our stuff and leave.

Now I am home decompressing from shift wondering what the new year will bring....

No comments: